Sidem started in 1933 as a producer of suspension components for passenger vehicles. Currently, the Sidem product range is one of the most extensive in the world in the area of steering and suspension components for passenger vehicles, vans and lorries.
The components are developed by Sidem itself in its R&D department in Belgium and they are produced in two production plants in Hungary and Romania. In addition, Sidem also distributes components of strictly selected suppliers. Sidem distributes its products to more than 500 customers in more than 90 countries on a global scale from its distribution centre in Belgium.
- Strong growth
- Complex logistics process
- More than 10,000 product references (SKUs) that are delivered just-in-time to customer all over the world
- Sidem decided for an advanced distribution centre with:
- Automatic conveyor systems
- A miniload with 24,000 bin locations
- Different packaging stations, etc.
- Objective WMS met the Sidem functional requirements fully
- Objective WMS guarantees the management of all logistics processes
- Smooth integration of Objective & Microsoft Dynamics AX
- State-of-the-art distribution centre and logistics system
- Logistics process fully under control
- Automatic picking, packing and labelling in accordance with the customer preference
- All orders are delivered within 5 days
- Delivery reliability of at least 96%
- Sidem customer storage costs have been reduced to a minimum
“Objective’s practical experience with the implementation of its solution in highly automated warehouse environments played an important role”